Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
SMTP Connection Timeout.
Options
Kunal  
Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2004 8:30:26 AM(UTC)

I tried to verify some existing email addresses but for each and every email address SMTP connection timeout occured eventhough I set the server response timeout to its maximum value. If anybody has any idea why is it happening? Is there some special setting that has to be done?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2004 11:38:54 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
The SMTP connection timeout occurs when the SMTP server does not respond within the default 30 seconds. Within the Smart Email Verifier settings, you can increase the timeout to 60 seconds, which usually is long enough to wait for a response even if your internet connection is slow.

If the timeout is occuring for a group of e-mails within a domain then the SMTP server for that domain may be blocking SMTP verification. Thus you cannot ascertain the validity of such e-mails.
Liz  
Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2005 2:55:12 PM(UTC)

SMTP times out every single time. My settings are the default ones.

Am I doing something wrong?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 12:42:24 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

More and more SMTP servers now reverse-verify the e-mail address and/or IP, a client provides (in this case Smart Email Verifier) when communicating with the server. If the SMTP server finds that the e-mail address or IP does not exists of is blacklisted, it usually does not respond. In Smart Email Verifier, such a situation results in an SMTP connection timeout.

For accurate results, use a valid IP address for HELO and a valid e-mail address for the `Mail From' field. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of Smart Email Verifier.
carolinagirl  
Posted : Monday, March 6, 2006 11:04:16 AM(UTC)

Where do you change Helo and Mail From in the Email Verifier?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, March 13, 2006 6:21:41 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

To change the HELO and Mail From settings:

1. On the 'Tools' menu, select 'Options'.
2. Select the 'SMTP' tab.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.