Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Blocking off areas to monitor for motion detection
Options
lavandil  
Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:11:50 PM(UTC)

I am using Security Monitor Pro for recording videos from my IP camera that part is working flawlessly. I would like to use motion detection, but I don't want to record when there is motion in some parts of the camera preview. My question is - can I block off monitoring selected areas on the camera preview?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, June 19, 2017 12:21:38 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Use the Mask area feature in Security Monitor Pro to block off monitoring for motion from a selected area.

To add a mask, click the Manage Camera icon on the toolbar. Select the camera and click the Edit Camera button. Go to the Mask Area tab and select the Enable Masking checkbox. Adjust the shape of the mask according to your requirement by clicking on the box and dragging it. Add additional masks for the areas you don't want to monitor. Click the OK button to save your changes.

UserPostedImage

Once you put a mask on the camera preview, start motion detection monitoring. Notice how motion behind the masked region will not get detected. This will reduce the possibility of unwanted triggering of alerts.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.