Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Delay in emails sent to exchange server addresses
Options
Musab  
Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 2:10:06 AM(UTC)

I don't have a problem but more of a question, the software is great btw but when a job completes it takes up to 5 minutes for the email notification to arrive through our exchange server.

I am using SMTP from Gmail with a Gmail account. When I do an email test though it, the test message arrives immediately. Just trying to find out why there is a time lag to my exchange email address and if there is a way to correct that.
Deskshare-Tech  
Posted : Friday, September 30, 2022 7:56:48 AM(UTC)
Deskshare-Tech

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Auto FTP Manager sends emails messages immediately upon completion of the automated transfer.

Usually emails sent within the same domain are delivered the quickest, for example from your gmail account to another gmail account. When you send from gmail to an address on a Microsoft Exchange server there will be transmission delays depending on how busy the gmail and exchange server networks are.

To speed up the email reception, try using the SMTP address on your Microsoft Exchange directly. This should deliver to your email account faster. Alternatively, you can send the notifications to another address on Gmail.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.