Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Connection to the DNS server
Options
D Kuhn  
Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2004 9:26:40 AM(UTC)

I have downloaded the trial version and have tried to use it but it says that it can't connect to the DNS server. When we try and verify an email address, it says that the DNS is not responding.

As far as I am aware, we do not have a DNS, rather we have a straight connection to the internet.

Any suggestions?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2004 12:07:07 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Everyone with a connection to the internet requires a DNS server to resolve textual name to corresponding IP addresses for further communication. Smart Email Verifier also requires a DNS server entry to get the IP address of mail server from the e-mail's domain name.

Smart Email Verifier, by default, uses the DNS settings you provide in Network and Dial-up Settings. If the DNS server does not respond for a set amount of time then you receive a message "DNS server not responding". You can then manually add the DNS server entry. You will need to contact your Internet Server Provider for your DNS IP address.
boukmn  
Posted : Monday, June 13, 2005 2:04:16 PM(UTC)

I contacted my ISP and got three possible DNS settings. When I enter them, I get the same response:

1. When I hit "Detect" I get "You already have specified one or more DNS servers..."
2. When I hit "Test" I get "Smart emailer was unable to connect and test your DNS servers successfully"

By the way, the ISP guy says the default DNS that smart emailer is auto detecting belongs to my DSL modem.

Please help.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:39:28 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You do not need to detect the existing DNS settings. The Detect option picks up the DNS settings from your default LAN settings in Windows. The best option is to open up Windows LAN settings and copy your DNS entries from there.

Since your ISP has given you three possible DNS addresses, you can manually enter all three of them. Smart Email Verifier will try to use all three DNS addresses.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.