Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Verifying my newsletter lists using cable ISP and email address
Options
Jerrell  
Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:17:04 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I'm a newbie at email management and have some questions about setting up your software.

I have a few different email lists; some quite small but they go up to 75,000 emails or so. I will want to be able to verify them as often as twice a month. I would like to be able to verify the email address's validity on its SMTP server to get the best possible results.
My main concern is keeping my own system (I run a small business and connect work through Comcast), email provider, ISP and email (I've had it since 1996) from having any problems.

As I understand it, I would want the "Mail From" email address to be valid. My first question is how to set up the HELO and Mail From parameters. For example, would I have to set up an email account at Comcast and then make the HELO = something like hello@comcast.net and the Mail From = the newly created email account? If I had an email problem pop up, would I just create another new email account and go from there? Would Comcast give me any trouble over this if it happened a few times - and does it happen often?

I am also confused as to the DNS setting. When set to "Automatically Detect", it seems to grab my local computer's DNS (not sure as it doesn't show). Does that leave me open to problems? Should I specify a preferred DNS server(s) (when I Detect, I get what appears to be the router DNS)? Does having or creating a proxy server have anything to do with this?

Also, I wanted to make a suggestion about your application; two, really. Including a utility for de-duping lists and a results report that you could print out would be valuable additions, I think, to your fine product.

I know the answers questions seem pretty obvious; but no so much to me. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:20:00 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Smart Email Verifier has 3 modes of verification. The Forced SMTP Verification is the only one that may cause a problem with your ISP. If you use Comcast as a cable provider, you will not be able to perform the 'Forced SMTP verification' because port 25 that is needed for this verification is blocked by Comcast.

You can read more about the verification methods here:
https://www.deskshare.com/help/SEV/EmailVerificationConsiderations.aspx

Smart Email Verifier can already remove duplicate emails from your list. Click Tools >> 'Remove Duplicate Emails'. Also, at the end of verification a results report is provided on the screen.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.