Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Valid emails vs Invalids
Options
Liz  
Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2005 2:16:58 PM(UTC)

If you get a valid Syntax and Domain but the SMTP times out, is it fair to assume the email exists?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 12:41:34 PM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
For popular domains like hotmail, yahoo etc., it might be fair to assume that the e-mail exists.

However, with the majority of e-mail domains, you cannot guarantee that an e-mail address is valid based only on domain verification. But, this may be the only level of verification that is available by the mail server.

Many mail servers are blocking or intentionally not responding to a SMTP (mailbox) level verification. Many SMTP servers now reverse-verify the e-mail address and/or IP, a client provides (in this case Smart Email Verifier) when communicating with the mail server. If the SMTP server finds that the e-mail address or IP does not exists or is blacklisted, it usually does not respond. In Smart Email Verifier, such a situation results in an SMTP connection timeout.

For accurate results, use a valid IP address for HELO and a valid e-mail address for the `Mail From' field. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of Smart Email Verifier.
gdorch  
Posted : Friday, April 21, 2006 9:19:44 AM(UTC)

I have a list I put through this program. All of the email accounts have returned mail to us recently and most of them are either aol or yahoo accounts. The Smart Email Verifier program came back that the majority of the email accounts were valid. I then proceeded to try to send an email to one of the addresses that the program said was valid. The email had bounced back to me as undeliverable. I have changed the settings for the HELO and Mail From field to reflect my IP address and my email account. Any ideas on why it would come back as a valid email account from this program?
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Monday, April 24, 2006 6:48:12 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Because of anti-spam policies adopted by AOL and Yahoo, they can no longer be verified accurately to the mailbox level. Smart Email Verifier does not report an e-mail as invalid unless it is truly found invalid.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.