Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Replacing the old file on the destination if the source file date is newer
Options
Craig Rocker  
Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 9:51:05 PM(UTC)

Auto FTP Manager works well for me when I use it for file transfer from FTP server to my PC. The only thing I would like it to do is to replace the old file on destination if the source location has the same file with a newer date. Need some help on this?
Thanks…
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:01:03 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Use the Conflict Resolution options in Auto FTP Manager to replace the old file on the destination when the source location has the same file with a newer date.

Conflict Resolution options are configured on an automated transfer profile. If you have already created the connection profile, right click on the profile name in the left panel and select the Edit profile option. Make sure you have selected Automated profile for the File Transfer type. Navigate to the next page and look for the Conflict Resolution section. Select ‘Overwrite if date is newer’ option from the drop down list. Click the Next button and finish the settings.

UserPostedImage

Once the settings are configured, right click on the profile name and select Start automated transfer. If the source file being transferred was created after the existing destination file, then the old file will get replaced with the new one.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.