Welcome Guest

Notification

Icon
Error

Forum Jump  
Prevent false motion detection alarms in WebCam Monitor
Options
RAJKUMARRBI  
Posted : Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:15:47 PM(UTC)

I am using the evaluation version of WebCam Monitor to test the features. I am having a problem with motion monitoring. The vehicles moving on the street in front of the camera are causing false alarms. How do I prevent this? Need help.
DeskShare - Support  
Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2017 2:23:12 AM(UTC)
DeskShare - Support

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 34 post(s)
You can use the Mask area feature to prevent false motion detection alarms in WebCam Monitor.

To add a mask, right click on Camera preview and select the Edit Camera option. Go to the Mask Area tab, select the Enable masking check box. Add the mask on the preview area covering the street and click Ok. You can change the shape of the mask area by clicking the selection circle on the border and dragging it to any region. The mask will be visible on the camera preview, but it will not be recorded.

UserPostedImage

If you don’t want to keep the mask on the camera preview, then uncheck the Show Mask area on camera preview option. Motion will not be detected in this region even though the mask is not visible on the preview.

In this way, the mask area can prevent false alarms caused by vehicles moving on the street.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed

Copyright © DeskShare Incorporated.  All rights reserved.